By the end of the day, the flight pen looked damn good.
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Spring Cleaning
Spring Cleaning today! By which I mean Devon and Blake and James and Mike and I set to work on the flight pen and the surrounding area—mowing and weed-whacking—oh, sorry James, I mean "weed-whipping"—and collecting condor leftovers. The latter was my primary job. I filled a 40 gallon trash bag with rabbit carcasses and carried out four skeletal, desiccated calves. I couldn’t help but notice the gender roles we fell into: the men out in the yard mowing, the woman cleaning up inside. Of course, I’m ignoring Devon in this metaphor, since she too was doing the weed-whacking. And of course, the things housewives clean up tend not to be dead bunnies (unless you're a Betty Draper-type housewife). So it's an imperfect conceit. Sue me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment