Thursday, March 24, 2011

This funny little starling put on quite a delightful show for me--unbeknownst to him--through the one-way glass.

I started my day in the North Rim blind again, better prepared for the cold this time but no less miserably popsicle-esque by the end of obs. I kept scoping out the flight pen from a distance to make sure I could still see black shapes perched on twisted branches (miraculously, I could). Afterwards, a brief respite of hot chocolate and an episode of “Arrested Development” warmed my hands (and soul).  
There was a feeding scheduled for tonight, but I made the executive decision to move it to Friday, on account of the too-recent feeding at North Rim. All settled in for the night, I had made a hearty meal and sat down to watch my Thursday night comedy lineup on NBC . . .
Except NBC wasn’t working. Every channel except NBC was working just fine. I stared at the TV for a while incredulously. Really? REALLY?? There was nothing else on any channel, save some show on ABC where people get hit in the face with giant balls, and one of those exploitive weight loss competitions. I was almost desperate enough to consider watching an episode of the “Vampire Diaries.” Hey, I said *almost*.
And you thought I was joking...

At nearly 10, NBC came back on, so I was at least able to watch “30 Rock.”

No comments:

Post a Comment