Monday at the Ventura Office was, as usual, a lot of waiting around, unsure what to do with myself. Although, right when I got there I was pulled out into the back alley for fire extinguisher training. The guy giving the lesson (which everyone but me had had) tossed a match on a barbecue and it blazed up. “Do I have any volunteers?” he asked. Everyone pointed at me. “She’s never done it,” they said. Pull the pin out. Aim at the base of the flame. All in all it was a little intimidating, all those people watching me. I put the fire out, though, so that's good.
At the Monday meeting, I complimented Molly on her cool hatpin. “It’s a loggerhead shrike,” she said. "Do you want one?” Free animal-themed jewelry? Molly just shot to the top of my favorite people list.
We went out for sushi when the meeting was over.
By the time I hit the road, it was nearly 3 and while they had reopened the 5, the intermittent rain and melting snow on the highway made it a slow drive. It was almost 7 by the time I reached Bitter Creek.
I was rewarded with this stunning view, however.
No comments:
Post a Comment