Saturday, March 26, 2011

9 am
So this is a little ridiculous. I’m currently laying on my side in the grass, trying futilely to hide behind what is nothing more than a patch of weeds. You see, there isn’t a blind for Pit Trap, so I have to make do. I’m pretty sure the birds can see me.
It’s already the weekend. Hard to believe I haven’t seen another human being for over 3 days. That’s definitely a new record for me. At least I have freakin’ adorable bunnies to keep me company.
I wonder why 526 isn’t eating at the calf I put down last night. Is it still too frozen? Even though I put it out to thaw three days ago, it’s been pretty cold here. The thermometer on the dashboard of the truck said 38˚ F. Ugh.
There’s a rock digging into my left thigh.
Later:
The morning spent in the grass at Pit Trap was mostly condor-free and thoroughly uninteresting as a result. Of course, just after I had left, all the birds showed up.
Already the beginning of this week seems so distant. Time passes differently out here—slowly, slowly, then all of a sudden it’s dark outside and you have to lug a bag full of bunnies out to the flight pen.
6 rabbits was the special du jour, but when I got to the flight pen and broke up the solid frozen mass, it turned out that two of the rabbits I’d counted turned out to be one giant, dual-toned rabbit. Don't you just hate it when that happens?

No comments:

Post a Comment