Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Burrowing Owls!!!!!!!!

We have new interns! I met new intern Ryan yesterday evening, and we promptly got lost trying to find one of the feeding sites Ryan had just seen the week before, and I was SO sure I had seen before. However, there was no moon, and no lights, and no pile of rocks to mark the path. Oh wait. After nearly an hour and a half of searching blindly in the dark with the weak lights of our headlamps, and some vague directions from our respective supervisors, we finally stumbled upon a well-hidden rock cairn, and at last we were at the feeding site. It was pretty foolish. 

Today, Ryan and I went on a dairy run and got a pretty good haul, considering the last time I went we ended up with 2 calves. 

And, we saw burrowing owls!

Like little men. 

No comments:

Post a Comment