I have an interview tomorrow for an internship with the California Condor Recovery Program. It's pretty much my dream job, although in my head, my dream job doesn't usually involve me lugging around 50 lb. animal carcasses.
Let me be clear: this is in every sense of the words a dream job--as in, job I will only ever dream of having. I am in no way qualified for it. Why? Um, let's see. I have no radio-telemetry experience. I have never handled a bird larger than a parrot. As if my parents ever took me and the little sister out off-roading in ATVs. Hell, I can't even drive standard transmission (ever since killing the Honda Civic's battery and being laughed at by Orthodox Jews, I have been loath to repeat that experience). And really: fifty pounds? I struggle with the three-pound weights in Cardio Barre. Plus, if you remember, I became a vegetarian to avoid coming in contact with dead animal bodies.
So, what do I have to offer? ..... Enthusiasm! Right. "Um, so I like, really like condors. I think they're totally interesting birds." Interesting, Angela? Interesting?? Is that the best you got?
No comments:
Post a Comment